Thursday, June 6, 2013

2013_06_06 Thursday

So, now I'm stressed. We had our house inspection today, and it lasted about 3+ hours! I was put off by that inconvenience, but...

When I finally came home and E was way off her nap time, the dude's knee pads were sitting on our front porch, and the trellis underneath the porch was knocked over (still can't figure out why he needed to be under there at all). I got to struggle with it (unsuccessfully, mind you), as the city has lots of feral cats and raccoon that I would like to avoid having squat in/around my home (one cat had already ventured in). As I walked around the house, various lights and fans were on or off and windows up or down. Not as I had left it but not helpful either. So I had to inspect the whole house myself, and when I checked out the basement, I noticed that the steps that we just had painted are all scraped up showing the old paint again,  the insulation in the laundry room (below the kitchen) was pushed out and not replaced, he left rust (?) scrapings on the ground near the furnace, and there's some hunk of old metal in my laundry garbage can. That all annoyed me. [Deep Breath] I decide to make dinner, and as I went to put the dirty dishes away, I  got soaked when I pulled the dishwasher rack out not knowing he ran the machine (various cups got filled with water b/c I didn't stack them in expecting it to run nearly empty). I feel really imposed upon...or maybe stressed out...or both...with this process. I reported all this to our realtor who has passed it along, but the inspector won't come by until tomorrow, which also burns me up. That said, we won't get his official report until next week, but I am so ticked off that I can only imagine and stew on what is on that list.

No comments: